Admission is based on the availability of seats in the combination concerned and merit in each category including reserved category such as SC/ST etc.
- Admission shall be open to the student who comes under the following categories.
- Permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir UT (preference for admission over others.)
- Children of Army personnel and the Central Government employees.
- Children of Non-permanent residents staying in J&K for business purposes shall also be allowed admission provided that they have passed their Higher Secondary Examination from the Schools of J&K State.
Admission to various classes starts on the dates notified by Jammu University.
The candidates whose result is declared late by the University or Board shall be admitted subject to availability of seats within prescribed time by the University.
All drop out cases, absentees, re-appear and failure candidates shall not be admitted in any case.
Ordinarily students from one Institution will not be admitted in the other Institution Exception, if any, shall have to be mutually sorted out by the Principals.
A candidate who passed Hr. Sec. Part II Medical/Non-medical Examination shall be allowed to change over to the B.A. Part I Arts Group.
All the students seeking admission shall have to present themselves personally.
A student, seeking admission must be accompanied by him/her mother/father or guardian at the time of admission as he/she shall fill and sign the responsibility certificate.
This application form should be accompanied by the following documents.
State Board Students
- Provisional Certificate in Original.
- Character Certificate in Original.
- 3 Photocopies of Hr. Sec Part II Marks card .
- 1 Photocopy of Provisional Certificate.
- 1 Photocopy of Character Certificate.
- 3 Latest Passport size photographs.
- Category Certificate if any.
- Undertaking mentioned in the website (general).
- Undertaking for Anti ragging mentioned in website.
- 1 Photocopy of Registration Certificate of 10 class.